Ava Trade, established in 2006 and originally known as AvaFX, is a pioneer in the online trading industry. The winner of many awards including Most Trusted Forex Broker, it is part of the Ava Group. As an international company, the Ava Group offers some two hundred tools for trade including 50+ currency pairs, contracts for difference (CFDs) on commodities, indices, stock, and precious metals, exchange traded funds, as well as the cryptocurrencies Bitcoin, Litecoin and more.
The group’s head office is located in Dublin, Ireland and it has licensed and regulated subsidiaries around the world. Ava Trade Ltd. Is licensed in the British Virgin Islands; Ava Trade EU Ltd. is licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland and regulated by the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) in the European Union; Ava Capital Markets Australia Pty Ltd is regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC); and Ava Trade Japan K.K. by the Financial Services Agency and Financial Futures Association of Japan. As of 2016, a new subsidiaries have been established in Israel and in South Africa, regulated by the Financial Services Board.
User-oriented Ava Trade is uniquely positioned to provide a desirable environment for online trading for traders at all levels of expertise. 24-hour multilingual support desks are available for the range of platforms and services provided for both Forex and other at AvaTrade brokerage options offered.
A minimal first deposit of $100 USD is required to open an AvaTrade account with the choice of several trading platforms. Accounts are margin leveraged with a margin call level of 10% on MetaTrader and AvaTrader platform accounts and 25% on AvaOptions. There is a comparatively high maximum leverage at 400:1. Fixed spread and floating spread (on MT4 only) account types are available. Both are commission-free since Ava Trade is compensated via the spread, and can include trading in micro lots. Fixed spreads at Ava Trade are above industry standard at 3 pips on EUR/USD, but do protect you from a spread increasing due to financial news releases or at close of markets. Floating spreads average a comparatively high 1.8 pips on EUR/USD.
Deposits at higher levels than $100 USD qualify for extra benefits at Ava Trade. Accounts with a minimum $1000 balance have access to Trading Central’s daily signals and charting tools. A balance of at least $10,000 gives you access to Direct Dealing room. And at a $100,000 balance, you get express withdrawals and customized trading terms.
Trading platforms provided include the powerful, user-friendly AvaTradeAct, MetaTrader 4 and MT4 Foating Spreads as well as Ava Trade customized platforms for mobile, web trading and automated trading. MetaTrader 4 and AvaTradeAct are available for Mac. Each of these platforms presents a variety of financial tools to traders, analytical tools, indicators and charts.
- lMetaTrader 4 – The popular trading platform for traders at all levels of experience is highly valued for its power and flexibility. It provides a range of easy to use tools from a single screen
- AvaTradeGO –A highly innovative trading app from Ava Trade’s production house. Features, tools and charts and an intuitive interface is suitable for traders at all experience levels. Downloadable from the AppStore or Google Play.
- AvaTradeAct – A powerful but user-friendly proprietary platform for single-click trading for Forex and more from the same screen that includes advanced charting, live news feeds and analysis.
- MT4 Floating Spread – Encompasses all the charting, customizing and analytical tools of MT4 for Forex trading and more, with low spreads right from the interbank market.
- AvaOptions – The newest platform from Ava Trade, combines the flexibility of FX call and put options alongside single payment options trading (SPOT). Risk management tools help to maximise returns.
- Automated Trading – AvaTrade has a full range of automated trading solutions and platforms, such as Mirror Trader and ZuluTrade, to enable copying of trades made by experienced Forex Traders.
- Mac Trading – A web-based Mac platform, providing access to FX as well as all other markets, that works behind most firewalls and is constantly monitored. You can log in from the AvaTrade website to begin trading instantly at the fast execution times.
- Web Trading – Ava Trade’s web trading platform allows you to check open and make new trades from any browser.
- Mobile Trading – Your AvaTrade account is accessible for monitoring and placing orders wherever you are with Ava Mobile and MetaTrader 4 Mobile, both available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
Risk Factors, Options and Limitations
Ava Trade maintains an industry average in terms of risk. A minimum position size of 0.01 lots limits broker control, but the maximum leverage of 400:1 requires trade to be continually checked. While a high leverage ratio can increase earnings on a small deposit, it can also lead to losses over initial investment. The margin call level set at 10% allows a trader to keep opening positions when their margin is beyond their equity which is risky for inexperienced traders.
As pointed out along with account information, spreads are high
Payment and Currencies
Ava Trade clients can make deposits and withdrawals from their accounts using debit cards, credit cards – Visa, MasterCard, Maestro – bank wire, Skrill and Neteller.
Currencies accepted are Euros and US Dollars. In the UK, sterling is accepted and Australian dollars are accepted in Australia.
Ava Trade offers clients various time-limited promotions including ‘welcome’ bonuses for new account holders, and it provides a ‘refer a friend’ bonus with the amount dependent upon the amount of the holder’s deposit and trading.
- Global broker regulated in Europe, Japan and Australia.
- Offers a choice of several trading platforms.
- Apps for iOS and Android devices.
- MetaTrader 4 platform available.
- Large variety of trading tools instruments.
- 24-hour multilingual support desks.
- Margin call level risky for inexperienced traders.
- Comparatively high floating spreads.
- Fixed spreads above industry average.
Ava Trade is a reputable and award-winning broker that is part of a global trading group. In the few short years since it was established in 2006, it has experienced phenomenal growth. Over 200,000 customers are registered globally and more than two million trades a month are executed. Total trading volumes amount to more than $60 billion per month. This success is due to the highly adaptable platforms and services for traders at all levels of experience.
RISK WARNING: YOUR CAPITAL MIGHT BE AT RISK